Friday, February 12, 2010

Alexander McQueen/1969-2010

When I first heard the news of McQueen's suicide I was instinctly debating on doing a post regarding this tragic loss. I wanted to keep this short and sweet because I know it is a sensitive subject. And after thinking about it for a while I decided to do a little positive post on Mr. McQueen, highlighting some of my favorite recent Alexander McQueen moments.
1st: THE SHOES!

alexander mcqueen spring 2010 ready-to-wear shoes
2nd: Fall 2009(Ode to Cruella)

mcqueen fall 2009/style.com
His instinctive style is hard to miss, and his creativity is beyond this world. His designs will never be forgotten, and his effortless design esthetic is extremely artistic. Alexander Mcqueen, we appreciate everything you do, and you will never be forgotten.

T.G.I.F,
Domino

2 comments:

  1. I agree his creative genius is one of a kind and there will probably never be another like him, too bad really. Just like many shooting stars, Gone Too Soon.......

    From Dolly
    XXXXX
    http://dollydaydreamsdomicile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. His death is such a tragic loss not only for the fashion community, but the entire world. His genius will truly be missed...

    ReplyDelete